Friday, April 3, 2009

Public Affairs stuff

So I have looked into trying to get Apple products for out PAD... and its very possible and 95% gonna happen. I decided that since our 1Beyond laptops = SHIT, and 1Beyond customer service = SHIT, that we needed something else. I approached LTD telling him frankly "Our computers suck, 1Beyond Sucks, Apple doesn't suck, we need apple, What do ya think sir?". LTD started looking through GSA to get us some new Mac book Pros, and its actually cheaper to buy them through Apple.com, than it is to go through GSA.

Another thing, LTD had started looking around at the Mac book idea when he came across a military forum on AKO called "Got Apples?". I went onto the forum and spoke my mind about how I had contacted 1Beyond many times about their shitty equipment. Every time i called or e-mailed them, I got a run-around that went nowhere. I was later contacted by a SFC from Ft. Meade who called me at work to talk about our problems. He asked what type of climate the systems had been in, where they had been in the world, if we had beaten them up in the field and such. He also requested the Serial Numbers and such. As the conversation was ending, he notified me that the reason he asked all these question was because the Army is ending its contract with 1Beyond, and within the next year trying to outfit all its PA units with Apple products. He wanted all that information to use at the Public Affairs meeting next month in DC. At the conference they will be discussing the options... its going to be TOUGH BOOK vs. MAC BOOK PRO. As I continue my research, it seems the Army is moving more towards the MAC BOOK PRO. Thank GOD! FINAL CUT 4 HERE COMES THE ARMY!

1 comment:

  1. God, FINALLY! The LT and I always put in our EXSUMS of the units that come through here that the 1Beyonds suck so bad. Literally every single unit has had problems (I've trained 6 now). It's bad.

    Keep me in the loop about this Apple stuff. I've hoped for MacBooks - far superior. And if that guy needs more ammunition against the stupid 1Beyonds, send him my way. We've got plenty of documentation.

    ReplyDelete