Thursday, January 8, 2009

What a world we live in today!

How often do you watch the news? Honestly? How can a 1 hour show that you watch before work or after dinner even come close to giving you a clue as to what is going on in the world right now? I mean off the top of my head I can think of alot of news stories... or even guess about what happened today since I didnt get to see the news. I can guarentee that someone was probably murdered within 10 miles from me, someone was raped, someone was robbed, someone dropped money, someone got into an accident, someone got a ticket, someone was divorced, dumped, kissed, slapped, shot, beaten, hugged, winked at, given a gift, smiled, frowned, cried, fell, called 911, called 411, called someone they missed and didnt want to tell so they hung up, found out a relative was dead, and im sure someone also turned off the news due to boredom. This is just a small list of things that I know went on.... It happens every day, and we are numb to it unless it happens to us. Think of our grandparents... When they were growing up and someone was murdered near them, that was probably news of the week. Now? HA! I hear someone got murdered and its just another day. If there was a day there wasnt a murder, I probably wouldnt even notice either. Here is an activity for you to due, maybe a little mind crunch.... Without watching the news as you do this, get a piece of paper and write down every news story you can think of thats going on or happened today that you know of. It can be long term things also, lets say for instance a War of some sortl. Happy Thinking! Im sure your brain will love the work out.

Listening to the cd "ALIVE 2007" by Daft Punk

No comments:

Post a Comment